.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Become happy why not?

An attempt to live happy, really happy not just OK

Friday, May 19

My name

This might seem weird to some, but all my life I sort of hated my name.

It has been strange to everyone in Egypt, and when I came to United States, it still was. I always have to repeat it more than once for anyone to catch it right.

Then, I met someone special and he made me fall in love with my name. After the usual question of what it means, and me being bored of saying it's Turkish meaning "the Bright Sun light", but somehow, he made me feel how beautiful and unique my name is, and for the first time in my life I took pride in my name.

Tonight I met some people, I introduced myself, surprisingly I didn't have to pronounce my name twice, as they got it correct.

I discovered that I have always pronounced it quickly and sort of bored as I always expected people not to know how to pronounce it...
tonight I said it clearly with a smile, and there was the magic, they got it from the first time right.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alexa Certified Traffic Ranking for www.blogger.com Free Web Counter
hit Counter