.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Become happy why not?

An attempt to live happy, really happy not just OK

Wednesday, August 24

Funny, relative things in life!

Although I have just read about 7 or more posts(R,AZ, Ebles,Socrates, alfares, wa7ed mn masr, Mohammed Gamal) on women "rights",etc...and I am a woman but i am not going to talk about it, just because this is one of the many relative things in life, are you a minority, are your rights taken away?... for me those are relative things, just like my old friend form college used to go on for hours on the phone before exams, we'll never make it, the professors children (sons and daughters as i like to call them as the old British series on the Egyptian T.V). She never attempted to get high grades, she thought what's the use, they get highest grades for both oral and practical exams. I didn't care, so what they get higher grades, but suddenly one year i got higher grades than the daughter of the head of the department in his syllabus (of course he didn't put the exam questions but she got ALL the help they/his collgues and students could give, but hehe i got higher grades, so what again i said, i just study, higher or lower grades doesn't matter.
Very long introduction, any way that was THE point i wanted to say, it's how you feel about things in life that matters, i could have always kept in mind that i'll never get higher grades because i am not the daughter of a professor in my college but i didn't care, so it was no more an issue for me.
You can argue saying "that's not true for everything in life" but still things are relative, if you are interested read Relativism
Finally my solgan in life (for the current moment :) )
Life is a state of mind.

5 Comments:

At 7:16:00 PM, Blogger R said...

I agree on relativism, but relativism is also relative and not absolute~!!

I don't agree that life is a state of mind; but your state of mind can hinder you from seeing life as it is.

In this, you should read "Awareness" by Anthony de Mello.

If you take off your illusions that fill your state of mind, your "I" can win over your "me", then, suddenly--and for the first time maybe--you see life as it is!!

 
At 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Nora said...

Dear Ramy, you are actually saying that life is a state of mind!

you said: "If you take off your illusions that fill your state of mind, your "I" can win over your "me", then, suddenly--and for the first time maybe--you see life as it is!!"

It's according to what state you are in that you see things in life differently.

 
At 4:30:00 PM, Blogger R said...

Life is different from your illusions about it

When you look at a flower, you can see whatever you want; it doesn't mean that the flower if a state of mind...

 
At 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Nora said...

"When you look at a flower, you can see whatever you want"

That exactly means that life is a state of mind, how your mind is set up, how you see things is different form other people and even differs for the same person from time to time. Let me give you an example, a song or a piece of music, i can listen to it and reminds me of some good memories, if i am feeling good, that will sure cheer me up, but if I am in a very bad mood, listening to that same music I might break into tears, cause i miss these places or those people i used to be with!

I guess what remains undefined here is "life".As far as i understood, you say it's your illusions about life, and i say it's your llife. That difference in definitions might be because for me there is no single truth, there's truth for me, and that same truth is not true at all for you, and vice versa. People see things differently, therefore, life for them is different.

 
At 10:57:00 PM, Blogger R said...

1) When you see a flower, what happens to the flower? I don't really talk about your perception of the flower, or whether you weep or laugh. I'm talking about the OBJECT of the matter.

2) There is no single truth? I don't know. Let's not talk in the abstract.
5000-6000 years ago, a guy built a big pyramid. Is this a historical truth? I don't know. The pyramid still exists. We may fight whether it was Kheops (khoufou) or another king; whether it was the Egyptians, slaves, or aliens. This doesn't change the fact that there is an objective historical truth. It's impossible to know? Maybe; this doesn't change the fact it exists. There is one single truth about that event, and maybe we'll never know it.

Only if you're the center of the Universe, then life becomes what you see or what you perceive. Since I'm not the center of the Universe, and regardless of the definition of life, I would say that there are truths around us: historical truths, scientific thruths, etc...

Read Awareness!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alexa Certified Traffic Ranking for www.blogger.com Free Web Counter
hit Counter